It’s not that you always need a reason to smile, but when you have bad or unhealthy gums it can turn embarrassing for you. Maintaining good gum health can be achieved by eating right food and practicing good oral hygiene. A healthy mouth begins with healthy gums but unfortunately 70% among us can suffer from gum problems if we do not take care of them properly. Some of the most common risk factors that can cause gum problems include
• Immune deficiencies
• Defective bridges or fillings
Some of the main points that you need to keep in mind to maintain your gum health are given below.
The very first point you need to consider is dental hygiene as it is the first line of defense you need to take care of. When we consider our dental habits and clean our mouths, remove bacteria that have accumulated and stimulate our gums. Some healthy dental habits that are required to be practiced are:
• Brush your teeth twice a day and floss or use an interdental cleaner at least once in a day.
• Spend a minimum of 2-3 minutes to brush thoroughly.
• Cover every surface of each tooth and brush them properly.
• Special attention to gum line should be paid as this is the place where plaque and tartar are formed.
• Soft-bristled brushed should be used.
Also methods like oil pulling, obtaining healthy food habits and supplements for gum health can help you maintain your oral health.